Condensing Units VARIABLE
Investment and operating cost effective solution for an applications with variable cooling power requirements up to 90 kW and the evaporating temperature range of +15 ...- 40°C.
Condensing units series VARIABLE with capacity control are useful as a source of cooling for commercial refrigeration, refrigerated and freezing warehouses, food processing, A/C applications and different industrial applications.
A simple design of the THE, TME, TLE parallel units respectively PHE, PME, PLE is usually based on the arrangement of the main components of a steel base. Compressors are mostly the same size. Compressor's suction and discharge ports are connected in parallel including the oil charge. Unit capacity modulation is done according to the suction pressure. The standard unit design is intended for indoor applications only. For outdoor use it is necessary to order a unit housing.
Tipes for you
- Solutions for your cooled warehouses and freezing rooms are easy with CPC control boxes
- Free of charge - recover waste condensing heat to heat up water. JDK offers a heat recovery kit for condensing units as an optional accessory. For more info see Heat Recovery.
- Saving up to 30% energy consumption compared to a standard unit can be achieved with JDK units JLE-ZF-EVI for freezing applications. For comparison of ZF-EVI scroll compressor parameters see here.
- Modulation cof unit cooling capacity has never been so easy as with Digital ScrollTM! Capacity control for the parallel units is possible in the range 5 to 100%. Possible adaptation to actual required cooling capacity has a significant impact on reduced power consumption. This is very applicable to airconditioning systems (A/C) with direct expansion (DX) and for commercial refrigeration. JDK offers a number of suitable units such as JHE-ZRD, THE-ZRD, JME-ZBD, TME-ZBD, JLE-ZFD-EVI.
A standard parallel unit includes a compressors, an air-cooled condenser with fan(s), receiver tank, copper piping, high and low pressure protection device, wired in a electrical control box with an controller. Units series as the PHE, PME, PLE are supplied with remote condenser. After a leak test, unit is filled with a holding charge of inert gas.
- Compressor oil heating
- Built-in filterdryer and sight glass
- Fan speed control
- Heat recovery kit (built-in heat exchanger for water heating)
- Outdoor housing
- Remote electrical control box (standard is built-in)
- Special options according customer request
Installation and Operation
It is important to pay attention to proper piping layout, especially with regard to continuous and reliable oil return. Proper suction line insulation is also important – energy consumption will be reduced and unit life time extended. Before commissioning a unit operational test according EN378-2 must be performed and documented. We will be pleased to arrange professional installation and unit service for you.
For proper parallel unit selection you need to know: required cooling capacity, the evaporating temperature and the ambient temperature. The evaporating temperature is usually about (5) 7 to 10 K lower than cooled room temperature – the value depends on the application and the type of evaporator. For more details see related JDK product documentation below. Do not hesitate to contact us for help with units selection.